Tuesday, August 16, 2005

An Introduction to the world

On August 16 2005, little Kataraina entered into this world - rather quietly and sleepily but with her eyes open wide.

She weighed in at 8lbs 3oz and was the first bouncing bundle of babyness for anyone in our generation!

It was an exciting and emotional day. Unfortunately I had to work that afternoon, so I ended up missing the critical moment of entry, but I heard sound clips of her mother (my first-cousin) screaming in agony, which made me (A) feel like I was there, (B) ponder the many uses of the everyday technology that is cellphones and (C) put off breeding for a bit longer!

I got to see Kataraina for the first time late that night, after I finished work - around 9.30pm. She was sleeping, but her mum told me that I could hold her because she was rather exhausted (the baby that is) from the birth and sleeping off the effects of the epidural during labour.

She was so tiny! So rarely do I see a newborn that I forget how small and fragile they are. This photo was taken that day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home